This project is hosted by the kind folks at sourceforge.net
You can visit the ibmonitor
project page for various utilities related to the
like forums, feature requests, etc. If you have an account at
sourceforge.net, you can
even join my project!
Once there, the latest release is always available under the section "Latest
If you would like to download an earlier version then
you should click on
the link "View All Project Files"
ibmonitor version 1.4
Released on 13th October 2006
here for direct link to ibmonitor-1.4.tar.gz
- Header text is now displayed immediately on starting
ibmonitor version 1.3 (stable release)
Released on 19th December 2004
here for direct link to ibmonitor-1.3.tar.gz
- Sleep interval is now more accurate as we are subtracting the
time taken for the code to run from it
- Requires module Time::HiRes
ibmonitor version 1.2 (stable release)
Released on 10th September 2003
here for direct link to ibmonitor-1.2.tar.gz
- Removed Term-ReadKey Perl module from distro.
- Interfaces which come up and down frequently while
ibmonitor is running (like ppp0), now appear/disappear
ibmonitor version 1.1 (beta release)
Released on 20th July 2003
here for direct link to ibmonitor-1.1.tar.gz
- Added '? / h' interactive key for help screen for
Patch supplied by John O'Sullivan
- The interactive keys are now toggle keys.
Suggestion, logic and patch supplied by John O'Sullivan
- Project is back into beta stage, since work needs to
be done when interfaces are added/removed,
while ibmonitor is running. eg. dialup (ppp0)
ibmonitor version 1.0.1 (stable)
Released on 1st July 2003
here for direct link to ibmonitor-1.0.1.tar.gz
ibmonitor version 1.0 (stable)
Released on 8th June 2003
here for direct link to ibmonitor-1.0.tar.gz
- Command line option "--dev regex" added.
Patch supplied by Kanedaaa <firstname.lastname@example.org>
So only interfaces which match the regex supplied will
- Command line option "--file proc" added.
This allows to specify a different /proc file, other
than the default, which is "/proc/net/dev"
- Added Term-Readkey Perl module in distribution.
- Average Data was incorrect, when interval was more
than 1 second. Fixed.
- All output is written to a variable, instead of
- Reset(key r while in interactive mode) is now
resetting elapsed time.
- Choice to move interface display up/down relative to
- If Term-ReadKey Perl module is not found, then
interactive mode is disabled
ibmonitor version 0.3 (beta release)
Released on 19th May 2003
here for direct link to ibmonitor-0.3.tar.gz
- When in interactive mode, after the key is pressed,
a small message is displayed as to what has been changed.
- Amount of data stored was incorrect earlier, as it
taking into account refresh interval. Fixed.
- Changed the display look. The interface name is not
column as with 'Max', 'Avg', 'Amount'.
- Removed unused hash keys in interfaces and
- Displaying total bytes (in KB/MB/GB) transferred on
each interface since start of utility.
The unit (KB/MB/GB) changes dynamically depending on available field
"--data" added to command line options
"D / d" input key is recognized in interactive mode.
- Showing elapsed time since start of utility.
ibmonitor version 0.2 (beta release)
Released on 6th May 2003
here for direct link to ibmonitor-0.2.tar.gz
- Using perl module Term::ANSIColor for aesthetic
- Fully interactive
- Squashed the bug when the interface byte count is
reset to zero,
which as a result the bandwidth and average values are negative
- all strings single quoted
ibmonitor version 0.1 (pre-alpha
Released on 3rd May 2003
here for direct link to ibmonitor-0.1.tar.gz
- All command line options are working
- The output is as expected!